Thanks for Joining Me

My blog is here to bring hope and enjoyment to one and all. Just kidding. Its for me. I have a lot of crap running through my head and I need a place to stick it. So I'll stick it here. I hope to at least entertain you for a few hundred words.





Saturday, February 19, 2011

Entertainment Review 2/20/11

I have been ill and not really in the mood to blog lately. I did one yesterday but it didn't save or something and went poof. And since that pissed me off I just quit and went to bed. Anyway lets get to the reviews. I'm going to officially review 10 things. And unofficially mention someothers during the reviews.

Movies:
Kick-Ass (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) is a very different type of superhero movie. The main character is alright but the little girl (Hit Girl) is bad ass. Its got Nic Cage. You know its gotta be a bit different but somehow awesome. Also I just saw you can get the 3 disc combo for like $13. Well worth it. 7.5/10

Saw: The Final Chapter (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) (Formerly Saw 3D) is not one of the better Saw films but it does wrap up a lot of the questions. Especially if you are like me and wondered what happened to the Dr at the end of the 1st movie. Also its pretty cheap: 5.5/10

Piranha [Blu-ray] is exactly what it looks like. A gorefest surrounded by topless women. Its all B-Movie awesomeness. I do not know how to make it sound better. It is what it is: 8/10

Let Me In [Blu-ray] is one bad assed vampire movie. Unlike most movies starring kids I don't want to punch myself in the face. Usually kid actors are horrible. Go see Star Wars - Episode I, The Phantom Menace (Widescreen Edition) for an example. Hit Girl plays the Vampire in this flick and yet again she is bad ass. With all the pansied vampire flicks lately its nice to see one that they are still pretty damned evil. Also its got the dude that played Casey Jones. 9/10 ... Yes its a remake to Let the Right One In [Blu-ray] which gets the same rating)

Faster [Blu-ray] is my 2nd favorite The Rock movie. The Rundown is still my favorite one. But this movie is all bad ass and attitude. Nothing quotable just a revenge fantasy come to life. 7/10


TV:

Modern Family: The Complete First Season is just awesome. I tuned in because it had Ed O'Neill but I stuck around because it was hilarious. Its done a bit like The Office in style. The whole cast is brilliant. 9.5/10

Angel: Seasons 1-5 (Collectors Set) was a spin off of Buffy, the Vampire Slayer but they were very different. Angel still had a sense of humor but it was darker. It started off slow but got great. Sadly it was killed before it should have been. After watching this you should wonder how One Tree Hill is on its 8th season while Angel only got five. 9/10

Speaking of Joss Whedon shows killed too soon: Firefly: The Complete Series [Blu-ray]! Yes, everyones favorite space western. FOX killed it before it had a chance to shine. But it does shine. Its got heart and humor and bad-ass-ed-ness. Very quotable and it even got its own movie Serenity [Blu-ray] to try and finish the story. 9.5/10


Video Games:
I'm going to double up on this review of Mass Effect & Mass Effect 2. I remember when I was a kid and watched Star Wars for the first time. These games remind me of that feeling. Its an epic space opera with so many choices and possibilities. Its part shooter, part RPG and all awesome. You create your own Commander Shepard being male or female. You make life or death choices for your team and you can even find romance. If you take your time you can spend 100 hours in your own epic adventure to save the universe. With the 3rd Chapter set to come out at the end of the year you'll want to catch up. You can buy both games on the 360 for less then $20 each. Both games 9/10


Reviews:
9.5/10 - Modern Family: The Complete First Season [Blu-ray], Modern Family: The Complete First Season (DVD)
9.5/10 - Firefly: The Complete Series [Blu-ray], Firefly - The Complete Series (DVD)
9/10 - Let Me In [Blu-ray], Let Me In (DVD)
9/10 - Let the Right One In [Blu-ray], Let The Right One In (DVD)
9/10 - Angel: Seasons 1-5 (Collectors Set)
9/10 - Mass Effect (360)
9/10 - Mass Effect 2 (360), Mass Effect 2 (PS3)
8.5/10 - Serenity [Blu-ray], Serenity (Widescreen Edition) (DVD)
8/10 - The Rundown [Blu-ray], The Rundown (Widescreen Edition) (DVD)
8/10 - Piranha [Blu-ray], Piranha (DVD)
7.5/10 - Kick-Ass (Three-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy)
7/10 - Faster [Blu-ray], Faster
5.5/10 - Saw: The Final Chapter (Two-Disc Blu-ray/DVD Combo + Digital Copy) (Formerly Saw 3D)
4.5/10 - Star Wars - Episode I, The Phantom Menace (Widescreen Edition)


As always if tere is anything you would like to see me review just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment